Java web applications since 2005.
HTML 5 since 2010.
Node.js since 2013.
Ruby on Rails in 2012 & 2013.
Lead developer for a data visualisation dashboarding framework. Challenges:
- A very modular architecture allowing Salesforce admins to create dashboards
- Handling client-specific customisations within a single codebase
- Developing a build process to handle the very unusual requirement to ship the application as a ZIP file that can run offline
ES6+, Bootstrap, lit-html, Node/npm
Bru Textiles 2017 - 2018
Developed a warehouse management system with Java EE, event-sourced micro-services with Spring Boot and Axon, Swing and mobile UIs, REST endpoints and interfacing with SAP over SOAP. We used an integrated build and deploy environment with git-flow, Bamboo CI and Docker to deploy quickly and often.
OrderBook.biz 2014 - 2017
An order management and analysis web application for small businesses. I built the full stack, from server setup to front-end design and client demos.
Java 8, JAX-RS 2, JPA 2.1, Bootstrap 3, humpty, running on a Digital Ocean VPS.
Inet Edge 2012-2013
Creation of embeddable widgets such as financial graphs (screenshot).
Ruby on Rails 3.2, memcached, Bootstrap 2, Highcharts, Jquery, underscore.
[creator] Web asset optimisation. Strives to be extensible and low-ceremony: add WebJars and plugins to customise your asset pipeline.
- How I Started Programming 12 April 2016
- How To Set Up Mailgun DNS Records on Digital Ocean 07 April 2016
- The Orderbook.biz Story 27 March 2016
- Using Java 8 with Eclipse and m2e 10 April 2014
- Understanding Java 8 Method References 01 April 2014
- README-Driven Development 12 July 2013
- Stage-Naming Your Kids 12 December 2012
- Eclipse shortcut: shift + hover 20 February 2011
- Java Coders Distrust Their Neighbours 02 February 2011
- Super Keziah, Then and Now 01 February 2011
- Eclipse shortcut of the day: Hippie Completion 29 March 2010
- Keziah's Stats for 05/01/2010 05 January 2010
- Object-XML Mapping in Spring 3.0: when indirection gets out of hand 08 November 2009
- Unit-testing Convenience Methods 08 November 2009